Introduction – Debt Collection Complaints
Any expression of dissatisfaction about the debt recovery service you have received from Ascent, will be considered seriously and we will ensure that we respond promptly to any complaint. Ascent is committed to providing a professional, efficient and courteous debt collection service to all our customers. If you feel that we have failed to achieve an acceptable standard of service we want you to tell us. We regard it as an opportunity to monitor and improve our quality of service. We will investigate your concerns objectively and try to generate a positive and speedy solution.
What to do if you have a complaint about the service we have provided
- In the first instance you should contact the team dealing with your case. We can usually resolve any problems or issues you may have straight away.
- If you are still not happy with the resolution offered by one of our team members then one of our experienced Team Managers can review your case and any concerns that you may have.
- Should you remain dissatisfied at this point then we will log your complaint formally and a member of our Client Care team will independently investigate your complaints and sent you a formal response in writing.
- Our service levels
- We aim to acknowledge your complaint upon receipt but always within 5 days.
- We aim to provide you with a full response within 28 days.
- If the matter is complex you may have to wait a little longer but we will always write to you to provide a full update on progress and give you an estimate as to when we can provide a full response.
- We will provide a full response no later than 8 weeks from receipt of your complaint.
Referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service
If you are not satisfied with the final response of our Client Care team you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The Financial Ombudsman Service expects complaints to be made to them within 6 months of your final response from our firm. The Financial Ombudsman Service will usually only consider a complaint about the service provided by Ascent if our internal complaints procedure has been exhausted.
Contact our Client Care team
Telephone: 0345 604 0860 ext 2332
Ascent Performance Group Ltd
27 Quay Street,
Manchester M3 4AW
The Financial Ombudsman Service’s contact details are as follows:
Telephone: 0300 123 9 123
Address: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR